Sunday 6 February 2011

Good Boy Gone Bad


Could it be age? Could it be experience? Or could it just be my cynicism, overgrown like a giant weed in an unsightly garden? Whatever it is, I'm not the optimistic, naive twenty-something I used to be. I've gone from being a helpless romantic of husband material status to a harsh realist unable to control certain urges. I've gone from fearing the laws of attraction to holding a criminal record for heart-breaking. I'm a good boy gone bad.


It’s not something I'm proud of. The transition wasn't a steady one, there were highs and lows and this is a conclusion on reflection. At one point I also went from laughing at the idea of gay marriage to then proposing to a man I genuinely thought I would spend the rest of my life with. It seems that as one part of my mind thaws, a small part of my heart freezes further and I'm barely able to feel some emotions these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment