Monday 14 March 2011

Fast Forward Is The Way Forward

It must be an illness. Maybe it's a form of OCD. Whatever it is, I can't seem to take my finger off the 'fast forward' button. I can't help but feel I'd simply get bored of experiencing life at 'normal' speed. If I take my finger off the button, it would be like taking my finger off the pulse, or taking my eye off the ball...

Is this circumstantial? Is it learned behaviour? Or is it the way forward? I'm increasingly leaning toward the latter and it's not an excuse or justification for an unorthodox way of doing things, it just makes sense to me: Why would you want to 'take things slowly' when you're most likely going to end up with the same result?

One could argue that the investment in time can yield better results - you're more likely to measure and weigh up the ingredients properly if you're not under pressure. However, that could be contested by the perfectly plausible argument that some people work best when they are under pressure. My argument is simply that I don't feel there is any pressure, it just suits me better to be constantly in fast forward mode because demons arise when I'm forced to slow down and reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment